Monday, December 31, 2007

Almost completely done

Probably some pics tonight, but after a weekend of busting my butt, the room is nearly in move-in condition. I had to do a bunch of cleaning, polyurethane the 3 doors (2 coats each inside and out), stain and poly the moldings around the stairs, finish the tile floor, put in a molding at the transition between the tile and carpet, stain/poly/install the banister, and install the carpeting over the weekend. I had told myself I wasn't going to bed last night until the room was 100% complete, but after almost 5 hours of kneeling on the floor doing carpeting and tile and also coming up a little short on the carpet tiles, I threw in the towel at around 11:20. I still have a few weeks off from school so I'll get there soon enough. Elana and the boys may start moving some stuff down into the bookshelf today just to get started.

No comments: