Monday, September 20, 2010

All work, no show

This weekend I traded off documenting the work status for contributing to the progress. I had signed up for some of the finish work to save some money and here we are at the finish work stages. So as not to be the gating factor on my own project, I figured I better get to work. Between the real painters and myself, here's where we stand:

Outside - 95% done (couple of touch-ups)
New bathroom - done except baseboards which won't be installed until after tile
Tim's room - 1 coat complete
Max's room - 1 coat plus edges of second coat complete
Sam's room - edging for first coat done
Doors - done, both sides
Trim in hallway - done
Ceilings - done
Spare rooms - trim first coat done

A lot of this is changing at this very second and I expect most of the pro work to be done today. I'll probably be up late tonight doing my part. Electrician should also be there now and we are likely to have lights up pretty much as soon as the paint is dry. Carpet and tile are selected and that order should go in today. We're really getting down to the bits and pieces... cross your fingers for us.

No comments: